Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Love What You Do

TIFF Bell Lightbox on Family Day


As I stroll up the ramp by the BlackBerry Lounge bar for the special screening of the Buster Keaton's slapstick silent movie classic, Sherlock Jr. in concert (featuring iNSiDEaMiND performing a new score), something made me stop dead in my tracks.  At first sight, the quirky creatures in the mural caught my eyes.  Then, I slowed down to read this inspiring quote etched into the metal bar above the mural, just visible enough thanks to the illumination.  Next, I felt compelled to take a photograph of this mural with my BlackBerry, and e-mail it with this beautiful quote to share with my beloved husband. 




BlackBerry Lounge's quirky mural & inspiring quote 


Don't just like.  LIKE is watered-down love.  Like is mediocore.  Like is the wishy-washy emotion of the content.  Athletes don't do it for the like of a sport.  Artists don't suffer for the like of art.  There is no I like N.Y. T-shirt.  And Romeo didn't just like Juliet.  LOVE.  Now that's powerful stuff.  Love changes things.  Upsets things.  Conquers things.  Love is at the root of everything good that has ever happened and will ever happen.  LOVE what you do.


Ditto! 
- Shirley Lum, who LOVES what she does as Culinary Historian, Entrepreneur, Tour Guide, Speaker, Writer & Organic Gardener!



No comments:

Post a Comment